Instituto de Informàtica provides Portugal’s social security agency with critical systems at over 500 locations for processing applications, confirming eligibility, and ensuring that Portuguese citizens receive their government benefits. The application support team manages more than 900 batch jobs that are critical to keeping relevant data accessible and manageable. They needed a workload automation strategy to reduce processing delays and errors while improving operational efficiency and productivity.
To meet batch processing needs and support the longer-term automation strategy, the team implemented BMC Control-M. The solution’s rich functionality, simplicity, and automation facilitate reliable completion of batch jobs and deliver major productivity increases. Integration with Microsoft® Active Directory® simplifies user management. Automated file transfers ensure that benefit payment transactions and other large file transfers occur reliably.
With Control-M, the application support team enjoys the advantages of advanced workload automation and management of batch processes from a single point of control.
- Scheduling capabilities and calendar interactions are boosting productivity and saving thousands of hours of staff time each year.
- Deployment jobs are created in 10 minutes instead of 3 hours.
- The updated scheduling tool has cut licensing and maintenance costs by 30 percent a year.
- Self-service saves schedulers up to two hours a day by enabling project managers to access job status information without IT assistance.
- Mobile interface will provide self-service access from mobile phones, giving project managers fast access at any time, from any location.
“Improving operational efficiency and reducing operational risk are crucial for an organization like ours. Control-M enables us to get more done in less time and minimize risk by running jobs more reliably. And with self-service…we can do a better job of serving our customers while increasing our own productivity.”
— Wilson Lucas, Applications Support Manager, Instituto de Informàtica